17 October 2010

Mill and caching

Today, on our last full day in the Manchester area, we went to the Helmshore Mill. As it didn't open till lunch time, we stopped at a pleasant little park and I did some caches while Mum and Neil went to a historic site mill place,. I only went the wrong way 3 times and walked way further than I needed to, but I did nine caches. They were mostly soooo close together.
We jumped back in the car and headed to the mill, first for some lunch then to look around. The tour man was very nice and he told us heaps of extra stuff. The machinery was mostly in working order, as the mill itself, which recycled scrap cotton, only closed down in the late 70's. We stayed at the mill for ages, I bought a little raccoon to sew up. oops

On the way home, we stopped at a much uglier little park, and I got another few caches. Bugger, only 2 short of my most caches in a day record!!!
The only task left for today is to try and pack, and get all my stuff back in my bag! Wish me luck! :)

No comments: